Hiring Multiple Positions for Winter 2023
Job Title: Outdoor Educator/ Instructor
Location: Outdoor Centres in the Haliburton and Gravenhurst areas.
Compensation: Daily Rate $157.70 – $177.70 based on experience, certifications, & level of responsibility.
Work Term: Contracts in January and February 2022. Work the full season or piece together contracts that fit your schedule. Possibility of extension into Spring and Fall positions.
CURRENT POSTINGS WITH ALIVE
JOIN THE 2022
ALIVE Outdoors is a Toronto based experiential education company that has been working with Ontario and International Independent Schools to engage students in meaningful outdoor, international, and city-based character development programming for the last 20 years. We aim to empower participants to recognize and embrace their inner potential, helping people build enriching, respectful relationships with themselves, others, and the environment in our local/global communities.
Description of Position:
In Camp Winter Program
During the winter 2022 season ALIVE Outdoors will be working with schools from Grade 3 – 12 in the winter environment. Programs will be based out of winterized Outdoor Centres in the Haliburton and Gravenhurst areas. Instructors will be responsible for facilitating activities they are qualified for. These may include cross country skiing, snowshoeing, winter fire building, nature interpretation, team building initiatives, high and low ropes courses, workshop facilitation in relationship to community and leadership development.
Winter Camping / Quinzhee Sleep Out
Some camp-based programs will include creating and sleeping out in Quinzhee snow structures for one or two nights. These overnights will take place in back wooded areas on the camp property.
- Engage and facilitate small groups of students through activities you are qualified for in the winter environment. For example, team building initiatives, cross country skiing, snow shoeing, fire building, nature interpretation and connection, leadership, community building activities and more.
- Facilitate group conversations to highlight teachable moments to transfer learning of the program to an everyday application.
- Clean and Clear Vulnerable Sector Screening (VSS)
- Standard First Aid (at minimum).
- 2 – 3 years of experience facilitating young people in-person with a focus on character development and life skills.
- Transportation to and from program locations.
- If you are hired, prior to your start date and as a condition of employment, you will be required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Must be a minimum of 20 years of age prior to starting your first contract.
Previous winter facilitation considered an asset but NOT required.
While experience facilitating activities in a winter environment will be considered an asset, this position does NOT require any previous winter experience. If you have experience working with young people in relationship to life skills, leadership and/or community development, we encourage you to apply.
ALIVE Outdoors believes that a diverse instructor team creates stronger programs. We encourage all people to apply including women, black, indigenous and people of colour and members of the LGBTQ+ community.